CONTRACTS MANAGER -
We are recruiting for a new Contracts Manager for our various Construction projects throughout the Northwest, mainly covering the Manchester and Cheshire areas.
The successful application will have a proven track record in Construction Contract Management and be able to deliver our projects to the required quality standard within the agreed timescale.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• Deliver of projects to a high quality within timescale and to client satisfaction
• Develop excellent relationships with client representatives and consultants
• Preparation and interrogation of project programmes
• Develop, motivate and retain high quality operative
• Understand budget, control cost and deliver projects within the forecast cost
• Ensure compliance with all internal and external policies including Health, Safety and Environmental, CDM and statutory regulations
• Carry out site quality audits and take appropriate action
• Provide technical support and advice to the client, project supervisor and operatives
• Identify, manage and advice the Managing Director of any commercial risk
• Liaise with supply chain
• Achieve the highest standards of customer care service and service delivery
• Ensure accurate reporting
• Plan cost effective use of resources
• Ensure all pre-construction requirements for the successful delivery of projects are met
• Maintain high level of control of all assets including vehicles, tools, hired and owned plant, ect
• Extensive management experience, gained in a similar environment including cost control
• Experience of construction management of multiple projects of circa £500,000 to £4m
• Experience of delivering projects with a mixture of directly employed tradesmen and subcontractors
• Good interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work to and develop operating procedures
• Man management and team development skills with particular experience of leading a team of managers
• Strong understanding of the building industry and related sectors
• Full working knowledge of CDM and Building Regulations
• Full understanding of Health & Safety legislation and statutory requirements including COSHH and IEE regulations
• Proven ability to create, monitor and interrogate construction programmes
• Ability to read and interrogate construction drawings
• Relevant professional qualifications
• 5 days CITB Site Safety Management training scheme
• ACIOB/MCIOB or,
• ONC/HNC in Construction
• Can do proactive attitude
• IT literate
• Strong client liaison skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter along with your salary expectation for the attention of Andrea Armitage at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to each application individually. If you do not hear from us within 4 weeks, please assume that your application has not been successful. We may contact you in future for other suitable positions. **
As a company we pride ourselves on our impressive reputation within the construction industry.
"We have always found the company to be extremely proactive with strong leadership and a skilled labour workforce"
Thomas Worthington Design
"I recommend this company highly and would be glad to discuss their work if required"
St Hilda's Church
"The Manager on site was always courteous and considerate of the care environment that they were working in. Daniel was always helpful and interested in the standard of work being undertaken and took a personal interest in the project."
Care Concepts LTD
"Thank you again for the cooperation, effort and skill of your team in delivering the Chemotherapy Unit ahead of programme. This has been much appreciated by the Estate Department at Stepping Hill"
Stepping Hill Hospital
"Armitage Construction carried out the alteration works to a high standard and the Parish and I remain delighted with their work, team and organisation"
Gramham Holland Assocaites
"The Armitage team managed the delivering of the project within budget and programme restrictions, whilst providing the desired quality. The helpful nature and resourcefulness they exhibited helped to overcome numerous complications."
"Without question this goes to the wider team and more so to Armitage Construction for their delivery, patience and communications. Without the levels of persistence you showed, it could have proved a little more difficult."
University of Manchester
"I wish to record my appreciation of the contractor's efforts to regain some of the delay recorded and on the quality of the end product. The work was of the highest order and the south side of the church now looks in very good order."
Lloyd Evans Prichard
"We have found that attitude to the project from all members of the contractors team, from Site Foreman, Site Managers, Project Manager, Contracts Manager and Managing Surveyor, to be most refreshing in these days of construction activity."
"Armitage are a thoroughly good contractor, and I recommend them highly"
University of Manchester
"We are delighted to have employed Armitage Construction as the Main Contractor on the building of our new Medical Centre. They have displayed a very professional, organised and helpful approach."
Heaton Moor Medical Centre
"The management of the site from a client perspective has been very good, this is a great reflection on Steve."
National Trust â€“ Quarry Bank Mill