Your new company
Armitage are an award-winning Manchester construction specialist, based in Ancoats. Innovative and pioneering in approach, with an enviable reputation for quality, Armitage are recognised for applying contemporary solutions, with a common-sense approach, to everyday challenges. In collaboration with leading Designers, Architects, Project Managers and Construction Professionals, Armitage can be relied upon to deliver projects and solutions to all sectors of the Built Environment, across the North-West of England, and North Wales.
Your new role
We are recruiting for a new Contracts Manager for our various Construction projects throughout the Northwest, mainly covering the Manchester and Cheshire areas. The successful application will have a proven track record in Construction Contract Management and be able to deliver our projects to the required quality standard within the agreed timescale.
- Deliver of projects to a high quality within timescale and to client satisfaction
- Develop excellent relationships with client representatives and consultants
- Preparation and interrogation of project programmes
- Develop, motivate and retain high quality operative
- Understand budget, control cost and deliver projects within the forecast cost
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external policies including Health, Safety and Environmental, CDM and statutory regulations
- Carry out site quality audits and take appropriate action
- Provide technical support and advice to the client, project supervisor and operatives
- Identify, manage and advice the Managing Director of any commercial risk
- Liaise with supply chain
- Achieve the highest standards of customer care service and service delivery
- Ensure accurate reporting
- Plan cost effective use of resources
- Ensure all pre-construction requirements for the successful delivery of projects are met
- Maintain high level of control of all assets including vehicles, tools, hired and owned plant, ect
- Extensive management experience, gained in a similar environment including cost control
- Experience of construction management of multiple projects of circa £500,000 to £4m
- Experience of delivering projects with a mixture of directly employed tradesmen and subcontractors
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work to and develop operating procedures
- Man management and team development skills with particular experience of leading a team of managers
- Strong understanding of the building industry and related sectors
- Full working knowledge of CDM and Building Regulations
- Full understanding of Health & Safety legislation and statutory requirements including COSHH and IEE regulations
- Proven ability to create, monitor and interrogate construction programmes
- Ability to read and interrogate construction drawings
- Relevant professional qualifications
- 5 days CITB Site Safety Management training scheme
- ACIOB/MCIOB or,
- ONC/HNC in Construction
- Can do proactive attitude
- IT literate
- Strong client liaison skills
Interested in this role?
If this role sounds like its for you please email a copy of your CV to Andrea Armitage – firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call, we would love to hear from you.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments will be made on merit.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.